Issue February 2020
Linen Couture is the so-called “data controller” of your personal data and is therefore responsible for the lawfulness of what we do with your personal data.
Our data collection and storage is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which creates consistent data protection rules across Europe. The information given to us cannot be sold or exchanged without your knowledge when you order items or sign up for our newsletters. Your information is confidential.
Your personal data may only be processed for specified and explicitly stated purposes and may not be subsequently processed for any purpose that goes beyond these purposes.
When you order products on www.linencouture.lt you will be asked to provide certain information about yourself (personal data). Provided information will be used strictly to keep you informed about the processing and shipping of your order. For placing orders basic information is required such as your first and last name, street address, city, zip code, telephone number, e-mail address. It will also enable us to bill you. When you sign up for our e-newsletter, we will use your e-mail to send you the newsletter. You will always be able to cancel e-newsletter by clicking on the “unsubscribe“ button on the e-mail newsletter.
We do not collect your website information or personal information without your consent unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, our website host will collect passive information about products that are browsed on our website by using log files only for analysis purposes to help us make changes to our site with an aim of giving good customer service support, making shopping on our site as quick and easy as possible. Linen Couture may also collect information about you from messages you post to the website and e-mails or letters you send to us.
Eventually, we may use the information you provided to contact you for your opinion on our services and to notify you about important changes or developments to the website or our services. We will do so only to the extent that you have consented.
For secure online shopping experience, we have partnered with PayPal and Stripe. Our partner is committed to protecting your personal information. Linen Couture does not collect or share any credit card numbers, expiration dates, CVV codes etc. For more information about safe transactions please follow the Terms section.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise, transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. However, may release your information when a release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety.
Occasionally, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Please note that these privacy policies may differ from our Policy. We encourage you to review and understand their privacy policies before providing them with personal information.
WHAT WE COLLECT
Generally, the type of personal data we collect is the information you provide about yourself by filling your order:
• First and last name
• Contact information including email address and phone number
• Demographic information such as postcode, preferences, and interests
· IP address
Your IP address is collected when order is formed and is stored for 2 years. We do not use it for analyzing personal data. A full storage of the IP address would only happen so that we can track technical errors or hacker attacks. Our web servers are configured in a way that your IP address is deleted in a timely manner after your visit of our site.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
The information collected is used to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping.
• Improvement of products and services.
• Periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting.
• We also use your information to contact you for market research purposes unless we do not receive your consent. We may contact you by email, phone, mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
Personal data is also processed for statistical purpose to see how users use the website and to analyze search behavior, as well as to display content customized for you. Such data is processed in aggregated form or in a form that cannot identify you as an individual. Data is also processed indirectly in connection with the development, testing, and administration of the IT systems underlying our website.
According to the applicable data protection legislation your rights include the following:
- Right to access – You are entitled to access the personal data that we handle. You are also entitled to receive certain information about what we do with personal data. Such information is provided in this document.
- Right to rectification – You are entitled to correct inaccurate personal data concerning you and to have incomplete personal data completed.
- Right to erasure – You are entitled to have your personal data erased. This is the so-called “right to be forgotten”.
- Right to restriction of processing – You are entitled to restrict how we use your personal data.
- Right to data portability – You are entitled to receive your personal data (or have your personal data directly transmitted to another data controller) in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format from us.
- Right to object – You are entitled to object to certain types of handling of personal data that we carry out.
Finally, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the applicable data protection supervisory authority.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. For example, we maintain high levels of technical security in all systems (disaster recovery, access limitations, etc.)
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps to analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes, and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us to analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, if you choose to use these links you will be leaving our site. It’s important to note that we do not have any control over other websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. We recommend that you read the personal data processing policies of other websites to which you link from our Website or otherwise visit.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
• If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
If you believe that any information, we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us via email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.